Tape Solutions for Surface Protection
ABI Tape; expertise in protecting your products or components
Semi-finished products go through additional steps in the production or assembly process or journey to a finished product. To prevent potential damages on the surface, one can chose to protect them against a harsh production / assembly environment. The same goes for finished products. Sometimes it is wise to protect finished products during storage, transport or display.
Tape can be an excellent protective against damages due to human interaction or other ambient factors. Damages such as scratches, dents, stains, UV impact, moisture, temperature changes and more.
ABI Tape developed the ProtectRite brand specifically for surface protection for all stages of product life cycle. From fabrication, to assembly, storage, transport, usage and disposal. We have tape protective solutions in various industries: automotive, aerospace, floor, glass, metal processing, graphical, ski and snowboard production, painted surfaces etc. In other words, we got you covered.
For every surface we have a suitable protective product
Indeed, in this case, it does depend. Finding the right solution for your protective needs depends on several factors. Most notably the surface energy level of your substrate to be protected.
There are two contributing factors for surface energy namely the type of material of the substrate and the type of finish of the surface of the substrate
Review our FAQ to learn more about surface energy levels;
ABI Tape has a long standing reputation in the development of protective tape solutions. We have plenty of expertise to help you find the right protective solution from our broad and deep range of surface protection products.
- The substrate needs to be protected against what? Extreme temperatures, UV, windspeed, dirt and crud particles, bird droppings, hard handling, friction, other… ;
- The must haves / restrictions for laminating the protective tape. Does it need to unwind easily or tight, quick or slow stick, high or low tension, static or anti-static, high or low elongation, thickness / width and length etc.;
- What is the duration of the protection needed. Is it permanent protection or only temporary and for how long? (hours / days / weeks / month / year);
- Any removal and disposal requirements.
ProtectRite: Protective Tape Solution for Various Industries
Protective Solutions in Automotive
Protective solutions to protect car parts and surfaces during production, assembly, storage and transit.
Protective Tape Solutions for Ski and Sport Boards Manufacturing
Tape products to protect top sheet and board surface during compression moulding, handling and sealing against epoxy seepage.
Protective Tape Solutions for Steel Processing
Tape products to protect metal (e.g. stainless steel) that undergoes the process of cutting, bending, stamping, deep draw and/or handling thereafter.
Metal / plastic / painted surface protection
Tape products to protect delicate surfaces during assembly, handling, storage and or transport.
Protective Tape Solutions for Carpet protection
Tape products to protect textile surfaces against dirt and dust.
Protective Tape Solutions for Glass
Tape products to protect glass products during storage, transport, installation and handling thereafter.
Protective Tape Solutions for Marketing Collateral
Marketing collateral goes through a number of painstaking steps before it gets installed on its final destination. Towards the end of this process, protective tape is a good solution to prevent damage, product stability and safe storage.
Automotive : Green leaf initiative
Time goes on, but GreenLeaf does not; it’s engineered to enhance the speed of AutoWrap decomposition in landfills. It’s the same premium paint protection you trust to perform.
Not all plastic sticks around
AutoCover and WingCover : Non-adhesive protective solutions
ShapeRite : Pre-cut protective tape shapes
So, why our surface protection products?
- ProtectRite embodies over 30 years of experience in surface protectve tape solutions. Today we service leading manufacturers in six different industries.
SOLUTION VS PRODUCT
- ABI TAPE does not only manufacture our protective tapes, we also convert to the right width and length, and can even supply with custom shapes with dispenser solutions.
SUSTAINABILITY WE CARE
- Most of our protective tapes have the GreenLeaf® approval. This means that EcoPure® additive is integrated into our protective film to accelerate degradation.
- Our lab is no longer the epicenter of new developments, the partner's production site is. Proactive partner engagement yields successful and lasting solutions.
Short answer and long answer in Tape Insights.
How to Choose the Right Surface Protection Film and Avoid Problems
Review our checklist of questions to help choose the right protective tape solution for your specific need.
5 Questions You Must Ask When Looking for a Custom Tape Converter
- Quality and Consistency
- Customer Service
- Competitive Pricing