Sales Manager Automotive Protective Solutions
American Biltrite’s tape division is headquartered in Moorestown, NJ, USA. At this coating facility we produce protective and transfer tapes. A second coating plant, Ideal Tape, located in Lowell MA, USA, is home to the products serving the HVAC, leather wear, electrical and composite bonding industries.
The Division operates facilities in Belgium, Singapore and Italy, where master rolls are converted into smaller sizes and distributed. Sales offices at the Belgium, Singapore and Italy locations and sales representatives in Shanghai, Bangkok and Seoul enable quicker response to customer demands in the European and Asian markets.
The automotive industry is one of ABI Tape’s strongest markets. Worldwide we supply 17 out of the top 20 car manufacturers with temporary protective solutions for their newly built cars in transit/storage. For exterior protection, we offer custom made shapes of tape to protect specific car parts (e.g. pillars, grills, wheel rims), AutoWrap, a protective tape for larger horizontal paint surfaces and AutoCover, model specific covers, to better protect cars destined for a long haul transit, and/or long term stocking location.
ABI Tape EAMER is looking for a Sales Manager Automotive Protective Solutions
For our location in Ronse, Belgium, from where we service Europe, Africa, Middle-East and Russia (EAMER), we are looking for more commercial power for our growing Automotive team.
Sales & Margin Targets
According to the Plan-Do-Check-Act principles:
- Plan - set ambitious targets (long-term margin optimization) that make sense from a top-down as well as bottom up perspective. Outline a coherent and clear strategy, plans, KPIs, milestones and assumptions needed to meet / exceed your targets ;
- Do - execute relentlessly on your agreed upon plans. In your time allocation, distinguish what is urgent and what is important. Dare to experiment, you learn more from mistakes than from success ;
- Check - provide timely a monthly, quarterly and annually topline report on the actual vs budget developments. Take the time to understand what drives what ;
- Act - don’t adjust the target nor the strategy immediately. Adjust your plan, KPIs, milestones and/or assumptions. Only in case of repeated failure abandon strategy. In case of a budget deficit, provide a “bridge the gap” plan with targets, needed resources and timeline.
- Rationalize our portfolio in the market we operate in ;
- Drive New Product Development from the market perspective ;
- Understand the competitive advantage and disadvantages of our products in the market.
- Define/update a margin growth plan for each of the top 5 customers ;
- Keep the customer data up to date (in CRM, customer visits and customer complaints) ;
- Responsible for the RFQ process with customers.
- Actively prioritize your BI / reporting needs and help develop these tools ;
- Datamine the historical data + market signals to drive further innovation with our customers.
- Product (technical) knowledge of surface protective products / tape (4 years +) ;
- Experience in the Automotive industry (OEM, Tier 1 specifically) (4 years +);
- International account management experience including different cultures (3 years +) ;
- Track record in developing new business (3 years +) ;
- Experience in (technical / new product development ) project management (2 years +);
- Experience with tape, surface treatment / protection (2 years +) ;
- Experience dealing with international suppliers and /or business partners (2 years + );
- Experience in the die cut industry (2 years +) ;
- Fluency in English and French is essential, German preferred. Spanish would be advantageous.
Max. 2400 - 5000 euro / month pending relevant work experience, incentive program, company car (Audi A4) + petrol card, maaltijd cheques, group insurance (4% employer / 2% employee), health insurance (medical + dental), laptop, cell phone for business and personal usage.
Interested? Please email your CV and coverletter to firstname.lastname@example.org.